Stairs might be useful if you fully complete it with something functional like under stair storage. You can store some kinds of stuff with mismatched boxes which cannot be put elsewhere. All you need is a drawers or shelves under the stairs, which is very practical and affordable.
After reading this article, you will not underestimate the potential of the space under the stairs. No more dilemma about lacking space which most people may face. No need to think about adding another additional room or building. Attic space under stairs might be the option for storage.
However, if you don’t have a spacious attic, just explore the space under the stairs. You still can keep the indoor stuff safely and neatly inside a home. The need for additional storage at home is normal and using the space under the stairs is a smart and right choice.
- 1 Perfect Under Stair Storage Ideas and Inspiration
- 1.1 Under Stairs Storage Mudroom
- 1.2 Under Stairs Storage Open Shelves
- 1.3 Walk In Closet Under Stairs Storage
- 1.4 Under Stairs Storage Cabinet
- 1.5 Small Entrway Under Stairs Storage
- 1.6 Under Stairs Storage Space
- 1.7 Modern Under Stairs Storage Shelf
- 1.8 Under Stairs Storage Bar Shelving
- 1.9 Minimalist Mudroom Under Stairs Storage
- 1.10 Kids Toys Under Stairs Storage
- 1.11 Under Stairs Storage Basement
- 1.12 Under Stairs Storage for Small Spaces
- 1.13 Under Stairs Storage Bar and Sink
- 1.14 Under Stair Stuff Storage
- 1.15 Cheap Under Stairs Storage Mudroom Bench
- 1.16 Under Stairs Storage Ideas On Budget
- 1.17 Minimalist Cupboard Storage Under Stairs
- 1.18 Small Shelves Under Stair Storage
- 1.19 Under Stair Storage Living Space
- 1.20 Corner Book Shelves Under Stairs Storage
Perfect Under Stair Storage Ideas and Inspiration
Some factors need to be considered before building the under stair storage. First, simplicity. Think about a simple but functional drawer or cupboard which enable to hide everything well.
Second, focus on the function. Think carefully what items you need to store under stairs. If they are big and rarely used, a fully-closed drawer or cupboard is the best option. But if you need some place for the little items such as pens, sticky notes, keys, which are often used, you need an open storage area.
Some people use under stair space for an office too. So, set your mind to have the office supports which work well there, including the electricity support for your computer and desk lamp.
Third, the storage furniture type. For the under stairs storage, you need a simple and minimalist furniture design. But it’s not so important, since it is hidden, the decoration is the second thought.
The last factor is the access. Think about the space for walking and opening the drawers or shelves. That is all the factors you need to consider. You can try these under stair storage ideas down below, which is excellent for your next project. I hope you love it!