Some of the people use an attic as an unused room or just empty space. But many of them use the attic space as storage. Attic storage allow you to store some unused things or some stuff that you use it daily.
Before you take it as a storage, you have to take your time to thinking about the very potential space in your attic. Check the possibility of the problems if you use it as your storage space. There are some factors you have to consider before taking an attic for storage.
First, the leak roof. You need to do some checkings to prevent the leaks in your roof. Check the stains on the ceiling under the attic. Then, reroute the fan duct of your bathroom vent fans to get rid of the warm air. Next, check the signs of the leaks around the chimneys or vent pipes which can penetrate the roof. The last, check the condensation on the roof framing and sheathing.
The second thing that you need to consider is the floor framing. Make sure they are strong enough and not easily broken, so it can withstand a lot of weight from many people and heavy weight your furniture.
You also have to think about the safest way to walk around the attic and move the items from the lower room to the roof. Do not use the nails because it may broken the plaster ceiling or drywall underneath.
The third factor is the access to your attic storage. If it’s used for storing the big and heavy stuff, build large space access by installing a drop-down attic ladder. But if you plan it for daily usage or attic living space, you should build a permanent staircase.
Fourth, the last but not least, the temperature of your attic storage. If the temperature of your attic is hot, you need to install an air conditioner. But, if the attic storage feel cold, you need to put the heater there. Pay attention to the impact of installing both. There are some stuff that are vulnerable to the temperature. Some stuff may be resistant, and others will be damaged.
So, don’t keep the temperature-sensitive stuff in the attic room. Make good air circulation by adding some ventilation. Don’t forget to install a glass window that can make the sunlight enter and illuminate the room.
After you complete all the checklist, you should search the attic storage ideas that can suit with your home. Lucky you! We just finished compiling a list of ideas that you might like.
- 1 Diy Attic Storage Ideas
- 2 Loft Conversion Storage Ideas
- 3 Loft Storage Ideas
- 4 Attic Organization Ideas
- 5 Attic Refinishing Storage Ideas
- 6 Loft Storage Ideas
- 7 Finished Attic Storage Ideas
- 8 Attic Walk In Wardrobe Ideas
- 9 Attic Walk In Wardrobe Ideas
- 10 Diy Attic Room For Storage Ideas
- 11 Under Eaves Storage Ideas
- 12 Loft Conversion Storage Ideas
- 13 Finished Attic Design Ideas
- 14 Diy Attic Storage Ideas
- 15 Attic Storage Ideas
- 16 Under Eaves Storage Ideas
- 17 Loft Shelving Ideas
- 18 Attic Dormer Storage Ideas
- 19 Rafter Storage Ideas
- 20 Attic Storage Plan Ideas
- 21 Loft Eaves Storage Ideas
- 22 Attic Storage Organizer Ideas
- 23 Clever Attic Storage Ideas
- 24 Roof Storage Closet Ideas
- 25 Attic Walk In Wardrobe Ideas
- 26 Best Attic Storage Ideas
- 27 Unfinished Attic Storage Ideas
- 28 Attic Storage Ideas On Budget
- 29 Low Attic Storage Ideas
- 30 Unfinished Attic Storage Ideas
- 31 Attic Storage Ideas
- 32 Low Attic Storage Ideas
- 33 Attic Conversion Ideas
- 34 Attic Dormer Storage Ideas
- 35 Under Eaves Storage Ideas